The A2 second stage is low-profile, durable, lightweight, and a great performer at a great price. The A2 first stage is designed to be easy to maintain and service, and is known by divers and technicians worldwide. AERIS regulators are exclusively designed using the latest 3-D computer modeling techniques. This allows us the ability to model and test performance while still in the early stages of development. The A2's second stage unique deflector vane and housing design diverts airflow from the valve directly to the mouthpiece, producing smooth venturi-assisted inhalation.
The A2's housing is made from an ABS/Polycarbonate composite blend of materials making the A2 both extremely rugged and lightweight, weighing 6 oz (170 g) and nearly neutrally buoyant underwater, reducing jaw fatigue on extended dives. The extremely lightweight cover ring is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum, and then hard anodized, utilizing a unique process to prevent corrosion. The A2 has a small profile with a front diameter of 2.9" (7.4 cm), and now comes with a MaxFlex Hose which is a 30" (76.2 cm) lightweight, flexible, braided hose designed to outperform and outlive traditional rubber hoses. To further reduce jaw fatigue, the A2 features a patented Orthodontic Mouthpiece, designed to accommodate the natural overbite of the human jaw. The A2 is classified as being suitable for use with nitrox breathing gas mixtures containing up to 40% oxygen by volume without the need for special preparation, cleaning or component parts.
The ION second stage is the latest iteration of the flagship Aeris ION Regulator Line. The ION has a swivel and by adding an ultra-flexible braided MaxFlex hose makes it one comfortable regulator. The pneumatically balanced demand valve of the Ion Second Stage along with a highly responsive design allows this regulator to provide a high volume of airflow with even the slightest inhalation effort, making it seem nearly effortless to breathe at any depth. All in a second stage barely wider than the mouthpiece. The ION means business as it comes equipped for any type of dive conditions, cold or warm. Following the rules of the sea, or should we say the rules of the C: Compact - Comfortable - Customizable; the ION is a diver's dream.
A2 Second Stage Features:
- Downstream Demand Valve
- Venturi Control Switch for Dive/Pre-Dive Adjustment
- Patented Orthodontic Mouthpiece
- Diameter 2.9" (7.4 cm) and Weighs 6 oz (170 g)
- ABS/Polycarbonate Composite with Anodized Aluminum Ring
ION Second Stage Features:
- Pneumatically Balanced Second Stage
- Virtually No Breathing Effort
- Patented Dynamic Adjustment Automatically Maintains Inhalation Effort
- Adjustable Venturi Switch for Dive/Pre-Dive Adjustment
- Ultra-Flexible Braided MaxFlex Hose with Swivel
- No Inline Swivel for Reduced Weight
- Patented Orthodontic Mouthpiece with High Density Bite Tabs
- ABS/Polycarbonate Composite Blend Construction
- Lightweight: 5.4 oz (153 g)
- Compact: 2.3" (5.8 cm) Diameter
- Aircraft Anodized Aluminum Cover Ring